One of the easiest ways to spruce up your home is investing in lovely window treatments. Depending on your choice, they can either energize the room with their vibrant colors or add a touch of elegance to a traditional sitting room. Still, design and color aren’t the only elements you should consider when choosing window treatments.
You also need to make sure they create a good balance with your windows. The best-looking treatments don’t have an issue with proportion. They relate to other design elements and to the rest of the room. The BlindBroker, your premier shutter contractor in Overland Park, KS, shares five tips on how to make sure your proportions look great.
- Consider the treatment’s fullness. Pay attention to correct proportions even to the simplest window treatment. Without the appropriate fullness, your window treatments could appear skimpy. Choose ones with the right width to adorn your window units. This ensures that they won’t look too long or narrow. At the same time, they won’t appear heavy enough to cover too much of the window.
- Make sure the treatment’s length is just right. This means having the panels just graze the floor—neither too long nor short. Stationary window treatments can be more extensive in length, but make sure they don’t throw the panel out of proportion.
- Don’t tie your treatments in the middle. Your window treatments in Kansas City, MO, will stay well-proportioned when you place the tieback either a few inches above or below center. This way, the tieback won’t cut them in half, resulting in better-looking treatments.
- Dry-clean your window treatments. Instead of washing them, all you need is regular, careful vacuuming. This ensures that the panels keep their width and length, maintaining their good proportion.
- Take note of mounting. This affects the treatments’ proportion. For instance, a longer panel should be fuller. That’s why you need to mount at the ceiling to give them more fullness. This generally looks better than hanging them just above the frame.
When in need of high-quality window treatments, turn to The BlindBroker. As your premier window treatment company in Overland Park, KS, we offer high-quality options that will further enhance the look of your home. These include drapery, shades, blinds, and shutters, which can all be fully customized to remain in proportion with your home’s other design elements. Call us today at (913) 562-2333 or fill out this form to request a consultation.