Top-Rated Blinds, Shades & Shutters in Lawrence, KS
At The BlindBroker, LLC, we make sure we inject absolute professionalism with everything we do. From the moment you contact us until the moment our expert Lawrence window treatment installers have your new plantation shutters or blinds in place, you’ll be treated with nothing but the utmost respect and courtesy. We’re a local, family-owned company and strive to provide exceptional service to those in Lawrence, KS, and the KC metro.
The Local Provider of Window Treatments in Lawrence, KS
At The BlindBroker, we know blinds may not be the most exciting aspect of renovating your home, but you’d be surprised at how much of a difference they make in the overall look of your residence. We specialize in custom blinds in Lawrence, KS and we make it our goal to help you bring together the look of the rest of your home with the perfect window treatments. Rather than settle for second best, we want you to find the absolutely perfect set of blinds for your home and your personal taste.
- Wood blinds: which are an ideal choice for a more natural look that can be stained or painted to your preferences
- Faux blinds: which we recommend if you’re looking for versatility in the overall look of your window treatments
- Vertical blinds: a simple-to-use option that makes for a great alternative to the look of horizontal blinds, and are cost-efficient as well
- Aluminum mini blinds: which are an ideal choice for doors and for adding color to your property
Professionally Designed Plantation Shutters
No matter what your budget or home style is, we’re more than confident we have the perfect style of plantation shutters in Lawrence, KS. Like our wood blinds, our plantation shutters are made exclusively from North American Hardwoods. They can be designed to fit custom shapes, mounted inside or outside of the window frame, and painted or stained to match any color you choose.
If you aren’t sure what type of plantation shutters you’d like for your home or business project, we’d be more than happy to sit down with you to discuss your taste, preferred style, and budget and take a look at the windows you’d like plantation shutters on to help you narrow down your options until you’ve found the right one. When you’re doing business with window treatment professionals, there’s no reason for you to compromise.
About The BlindBroker- Lawrence Window Treatment Experts
The BlindBroker LLC began in 1999, as a locally owned and operated storefront by Rick Ford. Rick was a National Account Manager for one of the largest window covering manufacturers in the United States for 5 years prior to beginning this business. During his time as a National Account Manager, Rick saw an opportunity to bring a better experience for customers by incorporating a high level of training, technology, and customer service on every sales consultation and installation. BlindBroker sales representatives & installers are some of the highest trained folks in the window covering business in Lawrence, KS & Kansas City, MO. We do realize that any business can easily tout its professionalism and quality, but we would prefer to show you, just like we prefer to show you our generous selection of window treatments rather than simply tell you about them.
Quality Window Shades in All Styles To Fit Your Budget
At The BlindBroker, we pride ourselves on the number of options we offer our customers so that they can have the perfect window shades for their homes. See some of our styles of window shades below:
- Cellular Shades
- Pleated Shades
- Woven Wood Shades
- Fabric Roman Shades
- Solar Shades
- Roller Shades
- Sheer Shades
Motorized & Automated Blinds in Lawrence, Kansas
Control your window treatments with just the touch of a button. It’s never been easier. By eliminating the need for standard operating cords, motorized blinds and shades play a key role in creating that modern look. When looking for motorized shades or automated blinds in Lawrence, KS, or Douglas County, you know who to call: our trusted team at The BlindBroker, LLC.
Here are some benefits to consider when looking at motorized blinds:
- Convenience: Imagine never having to climb a step ladder again to adjust the shade on tall, hard-to-reach windows. You can control multiple window coverings at once with the simple touch of a button.
- Options: We offer automated control options to fit a variety of lifestyles; wall switches, remote controls, and Timers. Additionally, all of our motorized window treatments can now be operated on your smartphone and linked to your current home automation system with Somfy’s “Smart Link”
- Design: The design of your blinds needn’t be compromised with motorized lift or tilt shades. You can still select from a wide array of styles, such as wood blinds, or cellular, pleated, or Roman shades, and of course designer roller shades.
- Safety: While seemingly innocuous, dangling window covering chords can actually present a real safety risk to small children and pets. Incorporating motorized shades and blinds into your window treatments in Lawrence, KS can effectively eliminate such concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Check out some of our local team’s answers to some of the most common FAQs we encounter related to window blinds, shutters, window treatments, and window shades in Lawrence, Kansas City, and Overland Park, KS below.
How Should I Clean and Properly Care For My Window Treatments?
Both window blinds and shades are relatively easy to care for and maintain. Most products will require the use of a dry cloth to keep them free from dust and debris. In some instances, a slightly damp cloth may be used to gently clean. However, you should never ever submerge your Lawrence blinds, shutters, or shades in water, as this could cause damage.
Can Quality Window Treatments Help with Energy-Efficiency?
The amount of energy efficiency benefit depends on the type of window treatment that you have, but all of them can offer some level of window insulation. This helps make your house more energy-efficient, which as most people know, helps save you money on your utilities each month and also makes your home more environmentally responsible. Often cellular shades are considered the most energy-efficient because they, by design, have air pockets that act as additional insulation, however, the vast majority of quality window treatment options can help.
What Are The Parts Of A Shutter Called?
A window shutter is usually comprised of 5 main components:
- Louvers: These are known as “the blades” of the shutters, and usually come in 2 1/2”, 3 1/2”, and 4 1/2” widths.
- The Tilt-Bar: This controls how open the shutter is, and can usually be found in the front, middle of the shutter, or hidden in the rear.
- The Top and Bottom Rails: These outline the shutters and contain the louvers between them.
- The Divider Rail: This runs through the center of some shutters, depending on size. When there’s a divider rail, the top and bottom louvers operate independently of each other.
- The Frame: This surrounds the shutter and finishes off the decorative look of the window, making it look nice and in your house.
Why Are Shutters The Most Popular Window Treatment?
If you’re looking for a window treatment that lasts over 10 years, saves you money on your energy bills, and looks beautiful on your windows, shutters are the choice for your home. Not only are shutters durable, but they’re also luxurious and energy-efficient. Window blinds and Shades are also popular options of course, but it is hard to beat the option of shutters, and especially the oh-so-popular plantation shutters.
How Are Plantation Shutters Installed On My Windows?
An improperly installed window treatment can be difficult to open and can get damaged easily. We have an expert window coverings installation crew serving Lawrence, Kansas and all of Douglas County that come to your home and install your window treatment precisely, making sure that each one moves smoothly, and doesn’t get damaged when being installed.